Guin Bogusz is a 2017 High Honors graduate of the University of Washington School of law, where she earned CALI awards for being the top student in eight courses and was named to the Order of the Coif.
Her practice spans the full range of GTTC's work: commercial litigation, insurance recovery advice and litigation, and personal injury litigation.
Guin was a Summer Associate at GTTC after her first and second years of law school. Also during law school, Guin served as a legal writing fellow and president of the Student Health Law Organization. She also worked as an extern at Northwest Health Law Advocates.
Toogle Accordion State
- Defended a software company in a commercial lawsuit identical to a previous lawsuit filed against it, initially obtaining an order awarding costs and staying the litigation and, six months later, attaining a dismissal with prejudice after the plaintiff did not comply with the court’s order.
- Defended an international motor vehicle company in a commercial lawsuit, obtaining a dismissal of several claims against it.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Member of the Washington State Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the King County Bar Association
Publications & Presentations
- Speaker, National Alliance on Mental Illness National Convention, How to Successfully Challenge an Insurance Company's Denial of Mental Health Benefits, June 2019, Seattle, WA
- Speaker, GTTC Insurance Recovery Seminar, Lightning Round -- Developments to Watch in Washington and Beyond, June 2019, Seattle, WA
- Speaker, National Alliance on Mental Illness, The Search for the "Real" Dual Diagnosis Treatment and the Insurance to Pay for It, February 2019, Seattle, WA
- Speaker, Northwest Health Law Advocates CLE, Using the Independent Review Organization Decision Database, October 2018, Seattle, WA
- Washington State Bar
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
I'm a lifelong Seattle native and proud "Double Dawg." In my spare time, I enjoy horseback riding and competing in horse shows with my horse Carma, downhill skiing, hiking, and surfing. My husband and I also enjoy traveling together, and have been to Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Myanmar, and Thailand. I have also traveled to Bhutan and Nepal.